Sunday, June 14, 2009

Emma turns three and the tale of two cakes!

This is the little invite that I made for Emma's Party, I took all the info off so that I could post it. And yes the picture is off Emma. It is so fun having a girl.
So a midst getting everything ready for Emma's third birthday party I didn't really think much about putting together her princess castle cake, which I had seen on a magazine. Well maybe I should have paid better attention because this is how my cake turned out. So Daryl, the great engineer he is came to my rescue and made this cake below. It wouldn't be a cake made by a man without power tools right? My cake on the other hand looks like it hit into the pepto pismol bottle! Thanks Daryl for making a wonderful cake!


This is Emma and her cousins at the castle door! Emma was so excited they came to her birthday.

I have to give a little shout out to my sister Shelley who made Emma's party dress. Thanks Shelley, she loves it and won't take it off.
Here's Coco playing pin the hair on Rapunzel.
Grandma Rita was awesome and read all the kids a story about the Queen- which turns out to be a Grandma of course!
All the kids making their own crowns
Group shot... You will notice that Tate, got into all the princessness and put on a dress!
Making their own cupcakes...
Blowing out her candles which almost lit her hat on fire when her hat fell off. No worries we got it off the flame in time- whew!
Nothing like a good game of ring around the roses to end the party. Thanks for all who came, Emma had so much fun with all her friends.

1 comment:

Angie Monson said...

oh man, I am so sad I missed this. Nikki you outdid yourself!