Saturday, May 8, 2010

I shed a toddler!



Okay I don't usually blog about myself or have pictures taken of me. Case and point just to find my before pic I had to look back in my folders like 9 months ago whereas I have pictures of my kids from yesterday and at least once a week every week before that. I am use to being on the other side of the lens! So right around Christmas time I had had enough of my weight gain and decided to finally weigh myself to see the massive damage- oh it was bad- I think the most I have ever weighed aside from when I was pregnant. So I decided that come January 1st I was going to work my butt off aka work out on my elliptical every day but Sunday for 45 minutes and do Weight Watchers. I can say how much I love Weight Watchers - so easy after the first week and I know what I can have- I love simple and straight forward. I also learned that weight loss is 80% how you eat and 20% working out, which sucks why can't I work out and eat whatever I want-like ice cream for breakfast! I can say I reached my goal of losing 30 lbs before I turn 30 in December- so I lost a small infant of my body and it feels great but some days it doesn't seem real. Thank you Angie for taking my after picture and for all my sisters for cheering me on! Charice, thanks for being my partner in crime and doing Weight Watchers with me- so proud of you! One thing I did learn for the whole experience is that weight doesn't define you- I thought that if I lost the weight I would suddenly be this confident person , the weight loss makes me feel good but the confidence has to come from within. Oh crap I just got all Oprah on you- I just wanted to share my good news and motivate myself to stay with the program!

8 comments:

Barb said...

You look amazing!! First - I didn't even know you had extra weight because like you said, the pics are never of you. But seriously, your after picture - I would never guess you have 3 kids...you are one hot mama! Congrats!

Sheri said...

I think you have always looked great. I know what you mean about the confidence when i lost 40 pounds i just looked at myself and could not get my mind right. It did not feel like me. It takes time. Great Job.

Kris said...

Nik, you are a babe. So pleased with your accomplishment. xo

The Pettit Family said...

Great job. Very inspiring.

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

I beg to differ... I think your confidence is higher, not by huge amounts, but I can see a difference. Great JOB!!!! Love you. I loved weight watchers too.

kelleen said...

NIcole--you look fantastic! What a beautiful pic; looks like you belong in a magazine. Very motivating--thanks for helping me want to get back to my new years resolution. Congrats on reaching your goal!

Camille said...

Love the pictures! You do look fabulous! I loved your dress yesterday, I didn't get to tell you because of the chaos, but you looked beautiful! :)

Carr Family said...

You look fabulous!! You will be my inspiration after baby number three gets here. I'm gaining enough to shed a toddler myself. Congrats on reaching your goal of losing 30 before 30!!